Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Westdale Appointment #1 - "Reporting"

I seriously couldn't be more excited to wake up early and get to the Westdale Dental Centre by 10am...so excited that I was actually 20 minutes early to my reporting appointment 
(early to a DENTAL appointment, who knew!)

"Reporting" is basically a report card of your teeth... the good the bad and the ugly, it is all done in a verbal and written "dental code" that us patients can't really understand. ;)

Being the person I am I like to know what is happening before it happens...I want to know if it is going to hurt, be uncomfortable etc, I was encouraged to ask questions, so I did; anytime my mouth was not being x-rayed, photographed and molded. 

Now one thing I learned today is that when a dentist says he/she is going to "PROBE" you, relax... it does not mean what you think it means. It is that thing where they use a tool to lift your gum slightly to measure your tooth connectivity (i think that is right) anyways, if you have bad teeth like me it can poke a bit here and there but overall is pretty painless.
Either way "probing" a patient is a slightly scary term to us patients and it should definitely be ridden from "dental code" lol.

I am super anxious to hear back about the "game plan" once all my reports are sent to Dr. Al who is the amazing dentist who is doing all the work on my teeth. I will be going in on Saturday to get the full run down.

Once the fabulous Lindsay, from Westdale Dental has a moment and sends me the pictures and x-rays that were taken today, I will swallow my pride and habit of hiding my teeth and post them here for all to see.

 But until then I have posted this cute free use image instead :)

My panoramic x-ray from today's appointment


No comments:

Post a Comment